Posted on August 4, 2016 by Chris Klug
After a slow first half of 2016 our town is full and buyers are looking. There's no better place to be this time of the year than Aspen Snowmass. Real estate activity really increased in July; I put almost fifteen million under contract the past weeks. There were a number of macro economic factors that sidelined buyers through the first two quarters of 2016 including: the strength of the Dollar, fluctuating equities markets, the price of oil, and an election year. On the heels of a great 2015, buyers were on edge; you could find reasons not to purchase a new home the first half of 2016. I had a great conversation Tuesday morning with my co-workers. We discussed why now is a great time to purchase a home in Aspen Snowmass. Here are the Top Ten Reasons it makes sense today:
Top Ten Reasons Now is the Time to Buy in Aspen Snowmass:
- Quality of life. There is no better!
- Recreational opportunities abound including endless uncrowded single-track.
- Great property choices with increased inventory. Increased selection, encourages offers.
- Use it now. Don't postpone memories and chapters!
- Safe harbor. Shelter. Not volatile. Preservation of wealth. Preserver of individual wealth and ability to use and enjoy opposed to stock or treasury certificate. Historically appreciation strong in Aspen.
- Interest rates all time low.
- Opportunity cost - yield is so low for safe income instrument such as bond or CD.
- August is a great time to make offers with off-season approaching.
- Security! Colorado first choice, easy to get to, safe, secure, and beautiful winter and summer.
- Looking long term - buying this for your family for a long time.
I anticipate a very busy August and September ahead. Call or email me today to learn more about the best values and properties in Aspen Snowmass today and get your memories started.
Posted on July 2, 2015 by Mary Kate
Happy 4th of July from Aspen! The weather is perfect and town is packed. We love it! There are a ton of fun events going on this weekend. Have a safe and fun-filled weekend! Happy birthday U.S.A.
We are already half way through 2015. Here is a brief overview of the Aspen real estate market.Properties in the Aspen core are currently trading at $1,410 price per sq. ft. with an average sold price at $2,567,333. In 2014, Aspen core properties were trading at $1,299 price per sq. ft. with an average sold price at $2,832,244. 2015 Aspen sold volume is up at $440,317,800 compared to $420,187,092 in 2014. The number of transactions in 2015 is up at 132 compared to 116 in 2014. Snowmass properties are currently trading at $779 price per sq. ft. compared to $666 in 2014. The Snowmass average sold price in 2015 is $1,692,867 compared to $1,265,906 in 2014. In 2015, there have been 73 transactions compared to 80 in 2014. Properties are trading at a higher price per sq. ft., and sold volume is up. Inventory overall is down about 9.28% in Aspen through the last day of May 2015 compared to May 2014. In Snowmass and Basalt inventory is up about 3.5% and about 20% in Basalt. Overall pending sales have increased almost 40% today versus June 2014 in Aspen, about the same in Snowmass and twice as many sales pending in Basalt compared to May 2014. I expect inventory to continue to decrease and prices to rise through 2015.
Check out my full report below. Please call me for questions. I am here full time and ready to help you!
Click here to view the 2nd Quarter Marketing Report!
Happy Fourth of July!