Posted on June 27, 2016 by Carson Campbell
Check out Aspen’s thrilling and entertaining Colorado experience, the rodeo. The Snowmass Rodeo is located at the Rodeo grounds in Snowmass Village. It’s an incredibly fun family event that takes place rain or shine every Wednesday evening during the summer. The event features local cowboys and cowgirls roping calves, riding bucking broncs and bulls, and cowgirls darting around barrels maneuvering only inches away and winning by hundredths of a second.
Cheer local, Nile Thompson (Seen Below), an Aspen High School graduate who is crazy enough to pick up the dangerous, and demanding sport of bronc riding. Come and see the skillful precision of roping, and menacing bucks and pounces of 2,000 lb. bulls. Entertain the kids in the calf scramble, where children between the ages of 4 - 10 chase ribbons on calves tails through the thick dirt. Or for the little buckaroos, there is Mutton Busting, a hilarious event where kids can try and ride sheep for the few seconds they can. Grab your boots and hat, have a Coors, and enjoy the show because Wednesday is the day to cowboy up!
The event starts at 7:00 p.m. and ends at 8:30 p.m. Adults and general admission are $20.00. Youth (11-15) are $15.00. Adults VIP $25.00, and youth 11-15 VIP are $20.00.
Posted on February 5, 2016 by Chris Klug
Snowmass Village Condo Analysis February 4, 2016
I have been busy the past weeks with a lot of Snowmass Village condo activity. I think it’s such a great value today that I’m building a new single-family home there for my family. We’re so excited to be moving to Snowmass. Snowmass has never traded at a bigger discount to Aspen then today. It’s selling for about half the average sold price per sq. ft. of Aspen for all property types. On top of that there is such a strong seasonal and full-time rental demand in the upper Roaring Fork Valley with families looking to get into the Aspen School District with the number on school in the state and #24 in the country, and very little vacancy. Many Aspenites, myself included have been priced out of the Aspen single-family market, yet there are still some great opportunities in Snowmass Village. I know so many young families that have moved to Snowmass in the past year and more that are headed there this year. It’s the place to be!
I feel like everyone is holding their collective breath waiting for some clarity on base village. I believe once the future picture is clearer we will see increased activity and appreciation again. I think there are some incredible real estate opportunities at one of the best family ski/snowboard resorts in the world, not to mention one of the best single-track mountain biking destinations.
Below are some stats that I wanted to share with you from some research I’ve done on behalf of my clients the past week:
- There are 184 actively listed condos in Snowmass Village today at an average list price of $1,239,326 and an average list price per sq. ft. of $790 with 332 average days on market.
- 8 condos are pending sale in Snowmass Village today.
- 94 condos have traded in Snowmass Village the past year at an average sale price of $892,268, 93% sale/list and 355 ADOM
- An almost two year supply of condos exists today in Snowmass Village
- 61 single-family homes are on the market in Snowmass Village today at an average list price of $5,724,918 and an average list price per sq. ft. of $1,134 with 316 average days on market.
- 6 homes are pending sale in Snowmass at an averae list price of $3,813,333 and $910 list price per sq. ft.
- 33 homes sold the past year at an average sold price of $4,170,709, 91% sale/list and $941 sold price per sq. ft.
- There is about a twenty month supply of single-family homes in Snowmass today.
- There are currently 32 actively listed four-bedroom plus Snowmass Village condos on the market at an average list price of $2,598,516 and an average list price per sq. ft. of $978.96 and an ADOM of 298 days.
- 9 four-bedroom + condos have sold in Snowmass Village the past year at an average sale price of $2,725,667, 92% sale/list with an average sold price per sq. ft. of $844 and 399 ADOM.
- 5 ski-in/ski-out four-bedroom condos sold the past year in Snowmass Village at an average sale price of $2,846,200, 91% sale/list and an average sold price per sq. ft. of $863.92 with 481 ADOM.
- There are currently 25 actively listed four-bedroom + Snowmass Village condos on the market today with 1 pending sale, #60, with an average list price of $2,743,688, $1,026 list price per sq. ft. and an ADOM of 298 days.
- The absorption rate for four-bed plus condos in Snowmass Village is 60 months.
I hope this is helpful. Contact me if you'd like more information on Snowmass Village condo and single-family properties. Happy winter season!
Posted on June 12, 2015 by Chris Klug
Summer has finally arrived in Aspen. After a rainy and cold off-season we are happy to see blue skies, warm weather and bright greenery everywhere! Mammoth Festival Weekend starts today. Enjoy local homemade chilis, brews and live music by Greensky Bluegrass, Donovan Frankenreiter & Tedeschi Trucks Band. This weekend kicks off the Summer in Aspen/Snowmass!
Let’s take a quick look at May's real estate activity. Properties in the downtown Aspen core are currently trading at $1,422 sold price per sq. ft. compared to $1,301 sold price per sq. ft. year to date in 2014. East Aspen sales are up in 2015. Nine properties have sold in 2015 at $1,006 sold price per sq. ft compared to five properties, $891 sold price per sq. ft. in 2014. 2015 sales volume in Aspen is down slightly from $382,767,000 compared to $385,325,592 in 2014. There have been 115 transactions in Aspen since the beginning of the year. Aspen is looking strong!
May was a busy real estate month for me. I closed on unit J-201 at The Gant today for $989,000. I was also proud to represent the buyer and seller of a three bedroom top floor core unit at Aspen Square in May. The unit sold for $2,050,000. No one has done more activity at both Aspen Square and The Gant the past year than me; I’m an expert on the downtown condo hotel market. I’m excited to announce two great new Aspen Square studio listings, #201 and #224. I closed 89 Ardmore Court for $2,335,000 located in East Aspen, I was happy to represent the seller. I am currently ranked top ten in the Roaring Fork Valley for Real Estate sales, with over $23,000,000 sales. Call or email me with questions; I’m here full-time and ready to help you. Have a great weekend!