Posted on February 7, 2020 by Chris Klug
Welcome back to Klug Properties’ blog and happy Friday! We are excited for another great winter weekend ahead. Have you ever wanted to experience Snowmass for a weekend, but have been overwhelmed on what to do? Don’t worry, we have you covered for this snowy weekend! Read on to discover the best of all things Snowmass!
There is something fun to do in Snowmass everyday. Anderson Ranch hosts Art Apres every day from 3:30-5pm. There is a fun and whimsical craft to do every day for children of all ages. Enjoy Happy Hour at Limelight Snowmass from 3-7pm every day! Do not miss out on the best pizza in town featuring drink specials. If you’re looking for something more, head over to the Artisan restaurant at the Stonebridge Inn for magic with the famous Doc Eason from 6-10pm. Be sure to try their fabulous winter menu!
This week, and through the weekend, is Snowmass Village Restaurant Week! Have you always wanted to try restaurants around the Village? This is the time to try! Plus, who doesn’t love a mid-winter restaurant week? From February 1st through the 9th, join participating restaurants for breakfast, lunch, and dinner specials for $10, $20, and $40. Participating restaurants include Base Camp, Big Hoss, Big Munchies, Black Saddle, Grub Thai, Little Mammoth Steakhouse, Sake, Slice of Italy, Snowmass Lanes & Lounge, State 38, The Edge and Village Tavern. Check out www.eatsnowmass.com for more details.
If you’re hoping to get your heart rate pumping this weekend, enter the Owl Creek Chase. This race has been one of Colorado’s largest, premier cross-country ski races since 1985. This challenging course has everything a Colorado racer could want tough climbs, scenic views, thrilling descents and excellent snow conditions. The course starts at Snowmass Nordic Center and ends at the Aspen Nordic Center. There will be three starts at 9am, 9:30am and 10am for 21k classic race, 21k skate race, and 15k tour, respectively. For more information, head over to https://www.aspenrecreation.com/special-events/owl-creek-chase.
Have a great weekend, and Happy Powder Day!
Posted on November 8, 2019 by Chris Klug
Happy Friday from Aspen! The temperatures have warmed up, but the snow from last week’s storms is here to stay! Opening Day for Aspen Mountain and Snowmass Ski Resort is scheduled for Thanksgiving Day, November 28th. There is a lot to look forward to every season. This season is especially exciting with new on-mountain restaurants, in-town improvements, favorite and new events. There is something for everyone!
Formerly known as Sam’s Smokehouse, the new and improved Sam’s plans to open its doors on Opening Day, Thursday, November 28th. After a multi-million dollar remodel, guests are invited to enjoy the big views and redesigned menu. This favorite on-mountain restaurant at the Top of Sam’s Knob on Snowmass will now feature Italian and Mediterranean fare, a slipper room, and a live-action kitchen.
Snowmass Base Village will be unveiling its second phase this December. One Snowmass residences open Mid-December. One Snowmass has partnered with Inspirato to offer owners luxury homeownership as well as a membership to enjoy luxury rental properties, homes, and experiences. The Collective in Base Village will now feature a community flex space, as well as the new Mix 6 restaurant and bar. Buildings formerly known as 6, 7, and 8 will now house the new Snowmass Clinic, a local, dynamic art gallery, King Yoga, Aspen JUS, as well as an eyewear store. A second Grand Opening for the second phase of Base Village is scheduled for mid-December. For more information visit www.allinsnowmass.com
XGames returns to Aspen January 23-26, 2020. ESPN’s winter showcase signed on for another five years at Aspen Snowmass just last winter. Without an Olympics or a world championship, this event is the highlight of the winter athlete competition circuit. As of now, the only local athlete expected to compete is Alex Ferreira, who won Gold in Men’s Superpipe last year. To learn more, go to www.xgames.com/aspen
NASTAR National Championship is back at Snowmass for the first time since 2015. NASTAR stands for National Standard Race. NASTAR is the world’s largest all-level ski and snowboard race program that allows racers to compete against each other at over 100 different courses, which include Aspen and Snowmass. This season’s National Championship will be held at Snowmass March 24-28, 2020. Check out www.nastar.com/national-championships for more details and information.
Posted on October 18, 2019 by Katie Shaprio
After its much-anticipated and celebratory debut season last year, Snowmass Base Village is readying for another wonderful winter ahead with new happenings, restaurants, boutiques, and real estate opportunities.
At Aspen Skiing Company’s annual “Upload for the Download” summit in September, Skico executives and Town of Snowmass Village officials shared the successes from 2018/2019, highlighting the Ikon Pass as a driver of new visitors. The focus was on the ongoing development of SBV, which beginning in November, will officially welcome One Snowmass.
The two buildings (One Snowmass East and One Snowmass West) will be joined by an enclosed walkway that allows the buildings to essentially “live as one.” One Snowmass will also serve as the new arrival center for SBV, featuring a central check-in, hospitality welcome area, and transit center for the Roaring Fork Transit Authority. RFTA will add a free shuttle service to and from downtown Aspen with stops at Aspen Pitkin County Airport, Buttermilk, Aspen Highlands, and more along the way.
One Snowmass’s partnership with Inspirato — a Denver-based global leader in luxury travel — is the first of its kind, combining Snowmass home ownership with access to its exclusive collection of private homes, hotels, resorts, and bespoke experiences around the world.
One Snowmass West
Comprised of two-, three- and four-bedroom residences ranging in approximate size from 1,620 to 3,770 square feet, the 41 total units exude a mountain modern aesthetic with an emphasis on familiarity, comfort, and timelessness using details like high ceilings, rustic wood floors, warm textures, and carved accent tiles. A soon-to-be-announced fractional ownership program (1/15th interest) will be offered in One Snowmass East. Both new fractional and whole ownership buyers will also receive a five-year Inspirato Membership, which includes access to the in-house Inspirato Lounge on the ground floor of the building. Offering an exclusive, slopeside hangout, owners and Inspirato members can après-ski, mingle, and relax after a day on the mountain. A private fitness center and rooftop terrace with an infinity-edge spa and fire pits are also available to owners and renters.
With a bevy of additional benefits, we caught up with Andy Gunion, East West Partners managing partner for the Roaring Fork Valley, to break down the most commonly asked questions about SBV’s latest real estate offering for you:
- Can I buy my residence furnished? One Snowmass will feature two model residences that are fully furnished and can be purchased at an additional cost of the furnishings. As most residence owners prefer to select their own furnishings, One Snowmass does not offer furniture packages, but we can connect you with designers who can help you complete your residence.
- Can I rent my residence? Yes, you can rent your residence if you would like. The One Snowmass partnership with Inspirato offers world-class property management through Inspirato. In addition, Snowmass Mountain Lodging will be managing the HOA and offers a premier rental program.
- Will One Snowmass be pet friendly? Absolutely. Residents at One Snowmass are allowed to have two pets. There are no restrictions on breeds, but all pets must be safe, and their existence cannot create a nuisance to other residents. Of course, you must be diligent about picking up after your pet.
- Will there be charging stations available to charge my electric vehicle? Yes. The garage features charging stations that owners may utilize.
- Where can I store my skis and boots? Owners will have access to a private ski locker room located on the second level in One Snowmass East. Each owner will have a locker for ski and boot storage.
- What do you mean when you say One Snowmass is a healthy building? We partnered with Certified Healthy to ensure and validate that One Snowmass is a healthy and safe place to live. And we held ourselves to the highest standards for healthy design and construction. The LEED rating and certification system is the industry standard for environmentally sustainable building. This process offers third-party verification that One Snowmass has been designed and built using strategies aimed at reducing energy and water usage, promoting better indoor air quality and improving quality of life. One Snowmass is pursuing a Gold certification from LEED.
- How do I get more acquainted with the HOA? Prior to closing, the HOA will offer a new resident orientation, where we will provide you with a homeowner handbook, which explains everything and includes a copy of the rules and regulations. Upon closing, you’ll begin to receive communications to keep you informed of upcoming meetings and other important events and information.
- How much are the HOA dues? Current estimates indicate an average of $17 per square foot annually (including both One Snowmass and Base Village Master Association). This amount includes the annual allocation to reserves for long-term repair and replacement of common elements.
- What will my HOA dues include? The HOA dues include all of the amenities and services in One Snowmass, including utilities: property insurance, engineering services, water, sewer, trash/recycling, gas, electrical services, snow removal, common area property maintenance and parking assessments from the Master Association.
- What additional costs will I be responsible for as an owner? In addition to the individual HOA dues, each homeowner is responsible for their home’s phone, TV and internet access, property taxes and homeowner’s insurance for furniture, art or any residence upgrades performed by the homeowner after initial closing.
- Who is handling the property management at One Snowmass? Snowmass Mountain Lodging will lead property management duties at One Snowmass. SML operates numerous other properties in the Base Village.
- Who are the brokers representing One Snowmass? SV Real Estate LLC is the listing brokerage for One Snowmass representing the seller, but we work with all cooperating brokers, so you are welcome to have your own representative.
Photo: Matt Hobbs
Perhaps the biggest draw is all of the action residents will find right outside their door. In addition to the interior completion of The Collective — a vibrant community hub with special events and an in-house bar and restaurant — the following amenities will round out the already-bustling SBV scene this season on the plaza level of One Snowmass:
- JÜS Snowmass will open its second location (the first is in downtown Aspen), with hand-crafted cold-pressed juice blends, smoothies, and dairy-free drinks. The menu also includes healthy breakfast and lunch options.
- A full-service salon and spa (TBA) will offer haircuts, manicures, pedicures, facials, massages, and high-end beauty products.
- Locally beloved King Yoga reopens to the public offering daily yoga classes that combine healing practices with music to help students find balance between body and mind.
- Eye Pieces, a Colorado-based optical boutique chain, offers everything from designer frames and prescription lenses to high-performance sports frames and goggles.
- The Snowmass Medical Care Clinic, open seven days a week, year-round, is available to locals and visitors alike as a walk-in facility owned, operated and billed as an outpatient department of Aspen Valley Hospital.
Five whole ownership residences remain in One Snowmass West with One Snowmass East coming to market this winter. For advance sales opportunities or to take a tour, contact Aspen Snowmass Sotheby’s International Realty at 970–925–6060. And for more information, visit allinsnowmass.com.